Sunday, January 28, 2007

Richardson and Huckabee.

So far, it seems like we have 482 contenders for the presidential election of 2008. Two guys stand out, so far, with me-- Richardson, Democrat governor of New Mexico, and Huckabee, Republican governor of Arkansas. This is not an endorsement (since I know my endorsement would mean so much). Just early musings.



When asked on "Meet The Press", "How do you plan on competing with Clinton and Obama?" Richardson answered, "I will out-work them both." I can not imagine a better answer. It's hard to imagine a politician pledging to... ya know... work. He's incredibly qualified. His resume includes governorship, UN Ambassador, Secretary of Energy, and a few others. It could just be posturing, but he actually does seem to have a work ethic and dedication. Novel thought for a leader.



On "This Week", Huckabee was speaking of having humble roots in Hope, Arkansas (like Bill Clinton) and his annoyance with the blue-blooded body politik. Huckabee said, "Some people were born on third base and think they hit a triple." Brilliant rhetoric. Plus, Huckabee seems sensible and thoughtful, hesitating to endorse extreme positions. The bar is set so high, right? Don't be an extremist and reckless and you have my vote.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anth
I just keep saying "President Huckabee" and start to laugh. Maybe I need to be more reflective. Thanks for the heads up about these guys.
Aunt Mb

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I like that phrase: "Some people are born on third base and think they hit a triple."

I think I was born probably on third with no outs and a good sacrifice fly hitter at bat.

Maybe Mr. Huckabee can use the movie "I Heart Huckabees" for his campaign slogan.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wish I knew enough about baseball for that to make sense to me... I'll just assume it's both humorous and insightful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home