Monday, February 12, 2007

The Mug.





I've used this mug for almost a year now, I think. A special (she's special, alright) friend made this mug at "The Latest Glaze," a create-your-own-pottery place in Bloomington. She made it, hated it, then gave it to me. Truthfully, I actually love the mug. It is the perfect size for a morning cup of java. It is a pretty decent calorimeter in that the thick mug walls act as a decent insulator keeping the beverage within warm. I also feel good that I am not filling a landfill with daily styrofoam cups. Plus, no matter how crappy one of my projects at work turns out I can always look down at this mug and say, "Things aren't so bad." Unfortunately, I've had to defend my masculinity on an almost weekly basis by using this mug. But I can manage that. I try using the line, "Only a real secure man could drink out of a mug like this." That line gets me only so far. Whatever. And an important note, the design on the mug is NOT floral. They are starbursts, according to the original artist.

7 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is wonderful! I think I remember hearing about this mug, though I'd never seen it.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Dude,

That mug is so bad, it's awesome.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger clairehelene7 said...

Awesome. I love the little slice of Anthony's life.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger clairehelene7 said...

wow, you got some funny spam!!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Copy of spam left on the blog:

Lycosa Web Services Ltd said...
Before choosing your mug design remember, a mug is not just for Christmas, it's for life. It's true - how often have you thrown a mug away unless it was broken? Design your own personalized gift

My comment:
Ya know, "lycosa web services ltd" makes a good point. Words to live by.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I especially like the "starburst" at the bottom with the stem and leaves. A beautiful disaster, that mug.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Bird said...

Wow!! What an awesome mug! I get its designer took a ton of time and thought into putting it together-- you are damn lucky, Ant!

Kudos to the guy or gal who made that beautiful piece of art for you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home