Sunday, August 20, 2006

Karlee and Zach Wedding.

Last night, Karlee and Zach, two friends from Bloomington, got married. Karlee and Zach are the MPRI Softball's starting 3rd and 1st basemen, respectively. It was my second Protestant wedding... woo hoo! I was really impressed by the vows. I wish I could remember the wording. I do remember when the minister was reading the vows I said to myself, "Wow, I'm really impressed with these vows." But alas, I can't remember the phrasing. The minister also said something I thought was insightful. He said, "I want you to fight. But fight with the right weapons." That's even true with friends. (The minister is refering to love, as the right weapon, not like numchucks or something).

The reception was fun. I definitely sat at the "drinking" table. When you looked across the reception, our table was easily distinguishable by the mostly empty beer cups. The first song the whole crowd danced to was a favorite of mine. Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me". I never realized it but I definitely know all the words. Other songs that I enjoyed at the wedding:
-B-52s "Love Shack" (Courtney was rockin' out pretty hardcore to that song... uh oh)
-AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long" (there's definitely a picture of Amy, Courtney, Jimmy and I head-banging to this song. I was doing that pinky-forefinger sign. It was late into the night. The picture is great. If I ever get a copy, I'll post it or burn it... one of the two)
-a rap song that talks about bitches and ass and drinking and other stuff (does that narrow it down?)
-that Usher song where you say "Yea Yea Yea Yea Yea Yeaaaaaaaaaa"

I think everyone had a good time. And to Karlee and Zach, the party was good times. You both are great people and I couldn't be happier. Congratulations!

Oh yea, they probably won't read this for 8 days because they are on their way to Tahiti. Yea. Tahiti. Whatever, I'd rather be in Bloomington. I'd say, "Please take me with you," but how weird would it be for me to ask to go on someone else's honeymoon with them. The thought cracks me up.

7 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger clairehelene7 said...

Hey Anthony-- I'm glad to see you are branching out religion-wise. :) Sounds like the wedding was fun. I'm going to a wedding with my siblings in Colorado at the end of the month. I'm dubious about the other guests, but I think we'll have a blast.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI--It seems this statement "weapons of Love," is common to anyone who believes in the Gospel.....
Love is the Weapon of Mass Construction to build up the City of God....right here right now... Kudos to the minister!
Aunt Mb

January 1, 2005
VATICAN - ASIA – WORLD PEACE DAY
Promoting peace with the weapons of love, says Pope

Vatican City – In front of the “many manifestations of evil”, Pope John Paul II calls upon Christians, believers of other religions and all people to recognise the “imperative of promoting peace” using every coherent means to defeat evil with the “weapons of love”.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that Aunt MB has so eloquently and devoutly addressed the "weapons of love" part of your blog, a few deep thoughts about the rest.

First thought - you should consider the Def Leppard song "Pour Some Sugar On Me" as one of your karaoke choices. I think you could do a mean rendition.

Second thought - AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long" would also make an interesting song choice for you. And please do add in the head-banging and that pinky-forefinger thing.

Last - that Usher song where you say "Yea Yea Yea Yea Yea Yeaaaaaaaaaa" is called (surprisingly) "Yeah". (These songwriters are so darn clever.)
(Scary that your mom knows all of these.)

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha Anthony just got schooled by his mom in hip-hop!

Gotta love the parental hipness smackdowns.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Sounds like a blast. I'm not sure where I stand on the whole DJ vs Band thing but I think it's better to err on the side of DJ unless the band is really, really good.

Speaking of Usher's "Yeah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8U_G6OCq1k

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Also, if my experiences with other people's wedding photos is indicative, you won't see those photos for a good 6 months. I would like to see that photo, though--sounds like fun.

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I find myself wondering whether you *really* knew the words to Pour Some Sugar on Me or if it was simply a drunken recollection of the song and events. I feel it is my duty to warn you, though, that this claim of knowing all the words will be put to the test without any alcohol involved. I believe that your Mom and I have evolved a rather wicked plan to ensure that this happens when you least expect it!

On a totally different subject (I'm famous for this) I find myself sitting in my cubicle thinking about mimes and the French. Any thoughts on this?? ha ha!

Mom's Friend Julie (Are you happy I signed my name??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home