Saturday, July 08, 2006

OKC!

I just finished packing and it is 12:20am. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I am heading to Oklahoma City with 10 high school students for a summer service project. I still can't believe I am doing this. It is not really my style. I've never led a service project like this... as an authority figure. I've been involved with service projects, mostly with peers, and I've had leadership roles. But most of the kids going on this trip were born after 1988. Half of them were born in the 1990s! This is my first experience as a chaperone. Ew.

I'm sure things will go well. I'm bringing a camera to record the madness. At the OKC site, there will be nearly 300 participants, of which two-thirds will be high school kids. I'm banking on a positive experience. We'll see.

I'm not going to get see the final World Cup game... good luck to the Italians. Beat those Frenchies! And an equally exciting sporting event, go Team MPRI, everyone's favorite Bloomington coed softball team! Beat those Baptists on Saturday! We need to secure 2nd place!

3 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Bird said...

Have a great trip, friend!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger clairehelene7 said...

I hope your trip goes well! Bon voyage!

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Mike said...

What my old Company Commander told me: It's better to be a hard-ass right away and have the option of loosening up later.

Of course, by now I'm sure you're doing beer runs for the kids (seniors only...until midnight...oh what the hell).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home