Sunday, November 19, 2006

Emergency.

I was in a public restroom... you know alot of good stories start with this openning, right? So in the restroom, I was drying my hands and I looked at the paper towel dispenser. There was a little red dial on the side. It said, "Emergency towel dispenser." I almost passed out. Apparently, you can swivel this little red dial and get paper towels. Great. I hate paper towel jams as much as the next guy. But the label seemed a little incendiary. Big red letters... EMERGENCY! "Quick... GET THE PAPER TOWELS! It's an EMERGENCY!!"

I'd suggest something more measured like... a little placard that states, "If paper towel dispenser jams, turn dial."

I should run the world.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Seems as if everything today is on elevated alert. I am tired of being told it is normal to face the world "white knuckled."

For gosh sakes....now there are...paper towels emergencies. Please...!!!!
Aunt Mb

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Mike said...

"One man's paper jam is another man's emergency." Didn't Shakespeare say that?

Maybe we need to create another word for emergency. Kind of like "good" now means "not good" and "awesome" means "good." (Or...at least it did a decade ago...I think that "bout-it bout-it" now means "good," whereas "Aiight" means "ok.")

I have just confused myself. Stand by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home