Wednesday, March 29, 2006

LOST and Karaoke.

I just finished watching LOST. While watching LOST, I was eating a handful of Cadbury mini-eggs. Lord, those are good! Anyways, that episode was probably the best episode of the show thusfar. I've been officially addicted for almost a year now. It just keeps getting better.

Speaking of LOST, for the past five or so days, I've been thinking about what song I could do if I were to ever sing karaoke. With a subscription to Napster, pretty much any song that pops into my head is fair game. I can download it, listen to it, maybe even sing along, and then make a judgement call. My realization is that I should never sing karaoke. However, why should that stop me from considering the "if I did" scenario? Oddly, I noticed many of my selections are probably not well suited to my abilities. Just by observing my Napster download list, I can see I'm sort of drawn to Motown or Funk. (My parents always were). I'd like to believe somewhere inside this white boy is a black soul waiting to sing out! Or white folks, like me, should just never attempt to sing certain songs in public. Regardless, let me share the more ridiculous (or brilliant) ideas I had. Feel free to comment or suggest.

1. "Brickhouse" by The Commodores
2. "Let's get it on" by Marvin Gaye
3. "I heard it through the grapevine" by Marvin Gaye
4. "Signed, sealed, delivered (I'm yours)" by Stevie Wonder
5. "Get up offa that thing" by James Brown
6. "I want you back" by Jackson 5

I just made myself laugh. Can you imagine me singing "Brickhouse" or "Let's get it on" or "Get up offa that thing" ? In the name of all that's sacred! I have no soul. Goodness. Plus, those songs require the singer to be cool or chill or suave. I'm none of those. Really, this is becoming more of a mental exercise every minute.

6 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Bird said...

You are the only person I know who would actually *rehearse* for karaoke!!! HILARIOUS!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger clairehelene7 said...

Last time I went karaoking I met a girl who keeps a notebook of good karaoking songs. She keeps notes on why each song is good, and for which sort of occasion or singing want. It was bizarre, hilarious and made me a little jealous of her forethought. Which must make me a little crazy too...

(PS: I kind of practice for karaoke too...)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

For the record, I do not "rehearse." I don't have an act. There are no curtain calls at my apartment. It is brainstorming, friends, brainstorming.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Ok, all of you who claim to not, on some level, prepare for singing karaoke are lying.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I must admit to having done my share of 'american idol dreaming' too. However, I've always been under the impression that the drunken group you're with picks what song you sing...
With that in mind, I would select some hideous Huey Lewis song, or perhaps a ridiculous Barry Manilow number.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

i'd pay to hear you sing Copacabana (sp?).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home