Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Not Dolly Parton.

So this past weekend, I saw Transamerica. First, I'd highly recommend the movie. The Mascia Two-Thumbs Up award. In short, it is about a guy, awaiting a transsexual surgery, who is informed of a potential son from his past. Typical Hollywood liberal bullshit, right? Wrong. The film never enters the realm of preaching. The movie stays honest. I think that is the best way to describe it. As a sidenote, the movie takes on one of my favorite qualities in all film history-- the journey. The story is told through this cross-country (or transamerican) journey with dad/mom and son from New York City to Southern California.

Now, as the credits ran, Dolly Parton sings a song called "Travelin' Thru." The song speaks directly to the soul of the movie. Plus, it is kinda catchy. Also, two weeks ago, I signed up for a subscription to Napster. I never thought this day would come. I never thought I would admit to such a thing. You guessed it... Dolly Parton now has an official spot in my daily Napster playlist. That is, of course, right after Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth and BURNING TOWER OF SATAN, FOOTBALL AND VERILIITY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home