Sunday, April 23, 2006

MPRI Softball. Heck yea!

First off, I promised myself I wouldn't double blog (i.e. two blog posts in one day). But this is just too good to pass up.

The MPRI softball team is now 2 - 0. For our first game, the other team didn't show up. But for the game today, they showed up and we sent them home sad. Heck yea! Honestly, everyone did great. Our defense was pretty good, but we just out scored them. Every time the other team put a few runs on the board, the next at-bat we'd add a few more. We took an early 3 run lead, and the other team just couldn't catch up.

Special shout-out to Dr. Wen Hsi. We are up by 1 run late in the game, and the other team has decent offense. To come out victorious, we need a few more insurance runs. Bases loaded, 2 outs, the count at 2 and 2... Wen hits a 2 RBI single, scoring Jen and I from third and second, respectively, and advances Karlee to third. UN-FLIPPIN-BELIEVEABLE! With all that physics training, in his mind, Wen calculated the perfect bat velocity, swing angle and hit trajectory to ensure the MPRI win! In Britain, in the 60s, it was common to see walls graffitied with "Clapton is God." Well, I'm on my way to Bloomington Hardware and if you see "Wen is God" painted on the MPRI parking lot... I swear it wasn't me.

Other shoutouts to just about everyone else... I'm impressed. Several people had an on-base percentage of way over .500... and a couple with 1.000. Amazing. Several fielders came up with big plays. Go team!

I just bench pressed my car from all the adrenaline.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I'm guessing that afterwards, everyone went out to celebrate and got trashed on 2.5 beers. Ha!

(Implied insult: people with low tolerances aren't cool because they don't drink a lot. That's right, I said it. All the cool people are doing it! Chug!Chug!Chug!)

This, of course, coming from someone who went to a dry college.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm coming to see a game - and I'm bringing the cowbell.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the heck didn't you ever play softball with me?!?! I am so jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home